I hope 2015 is proving to be a very positive year for you so far.
I will soon be releasing my first book “PI Leadership – The 7 steps to peak performance as a business leader”. This is planned to be published late April.
In the book I use my 8 years’ experience working as a business leadership coach, my academic studies in psychology and the experience of developing my business to bring what I believe will be a very useful book for you, as a leader or aspiring leader in business.
It is my firm belief that developing a positive mind set and approaches to the 7 key areas of leadership will have the biggest impact on your success. This relates to the concept of Positive Insight (PI) – how much time we spend thinking and acting positively as opposed to being hijacked by negative thinking. This is at the heart of our leadership development model, PI Leadership™
So what does peak performance as a business leader look like?
- It starts with a focus on your self-leadership. Working continually to keep your thinking positive about yourself and what you are looking to achieve. Keeping yourself motivated and energised, with a strong sense of self belief.
- Secondly, it is about having a strong personal identity, an identity and character as a leader that will gain respect and loyalty. It is also about building an identity for your organisation that will display you in the most positive ways.
- It is then about developing a clear direction for where you intend to go. A shared vision that is ambitious and inspiring.
- Fourthly, it is about seeing your people in a positive way, engaging them closely on the journey to success and continually developing them to get the best from them.
- It is about the way you communicate on a daily basis. Making sure you come from a place of empathy and understanding, so you can build positive long lasting relationships within your organisation and outside.
- The 6th step is about influencing people to take the right action and selling your ideas, services and products so they can make a true difference to others.
- And finally it is about continually planning, delivering and serving people so that your promises and goals are realised.
Over the next 7 weeks I will provide a greater insight into each of the 7 steps, so you can use each of these to impact your performance and development as a leader.
I hope you enjoy the journey.