We continue to experience very challenging times across the globe and no doubt the stresses of business are higher than ever during the pandemic.
Despite the global challenges, I hope you feel you are growing, both personally and professionally. But it may well be that Psychology can offer you some new ways of approaching the way you lead yourself and others!
Psychology in Leadership
Over the next 3 podcasts I will be taking an interesting look into a range of psychological theories and research, so you can apply the lessons in your business life.
In this podcast I look at 4 areas and apply them to leadership and business:
- Martin Seligman and the creation of the Positive Psychology movement in 1998
- Muzafer Sherif’s ‘Realistic Conflict Theory’ and how ‘In’ and ‘Out’ groups are created
- Carol Dweck and the importance of developing a Growth Mindset rather than a Fixed Mindset
- Our tendency to conform to group behaviour, relating back to the work of Solomon Asch
If you want to explore these 4 areas in more detail, you can take 30 minutes out to have a listen to my latest ‘Leadership Mindset – Think, See, Do’ podcast episode.
You can access the podcast:
- on iTunes here
- on Stitcher here
- You can also search for Leadership Mindset by Tony Brooks on podcast Apps
- You can also find the podcast on my website by clicking here