Are you making the best use of your time? Are you feeling in control of your business activities and plans?
In a recent blog we looked at the importance of getting your foundation right – including your long term strategic direction, 90 day planning and a weekly planning regime (please see HERE for previous blog)
So if we have this in place, what are the most important ways to improve our use of time?
Here are 10 quick fire time management tips that I believe will have the biggest impact if you stick to them!
- We all have skills we have been gifted with or developed. Focus your time on using them and make the best use of others where they are more skilled.
- Develop a set of effective habits and work to eliminate bad ones! Remember it takes 21 days to bed in a new habit.
- Don’t be a slave to email (or the phone!). Develop a system and regime to minimise your time and stay in control of email.
- Work your priorities. As much as possible start with priority 1 and work it until completed before moving onto 2.
- Systemise your regular activities and processes to reduce the effort involved and ensure consistent quality.
- Close down each day and switch off! Review what is outstanding and build a plan for the next day.
- Work a default diary. Have time in your week when you work ON the business or do important tasks like follow up. Make appointments with yourself and keep to them!
- Manage your time like money. Treat it like the valuable resource it is and invest it wisely.
- Learn to say NO. If it is not the right use of your time don’t do it. For example only attend meetings you have to (and want to!)
- Keep yourself organised – Your filing system, your environment and your diary.
To find out more about how to put these into practice and how to build the right structure to make sure they happen, please see the details below about our new workshop on time management.
Making every minute count
Your time is one of the most precious things you have and yet you probably feel you waste it.
Our new workshop on March 25th will ensure every day and every minute is used to make the biggest impact on your results.
To find out more about this exciting new workshop please see here now
“My main improvements came from being 50% more productive with my time, by looking to plan more effectively”
Francis Logan, FML Solutions
“By helping me organise my time efficiently I now feel much more in control of my workload and have discovered a renewed enthusiasm”
Nigel Toplis, Blue Spire LLP