My latest podcast interview was with Martin Ingham, the Chief Executive of Motorpoint Arena Nottingham and National Ice Centre.
I was very excited for Martin to be on the series after seeing him present at the Nottingham City Business Club in March.
In a fascinating discussion, Martin and I discussed
- The 20+ year journey for Martin and the Arena
- Some of the key highlights – Ed Sheeran’s first arena gig, Beyoncé, World Ice Hockey Championships
- What the Arena has meant to the community in a broader sense
- Amazing stories of innovation in catering, merchandising and security
- What being ‘Risk Aware’ rather than ‘Risk Averse’ has meant
- The ambitions for the future of the Arena, including the 25th anniversary celebrations in 2025
- Martin’s wish for the future – one of the most non ego-fuelled I have ever heard!
You can find out more about the arena here – https://www.motorpointarenanottingham.com/
And Martin’s profile is here – https://www.linkedin.com/in/martin-ingham-18474017/
If you want to explore the episode in detail have a listen to my latest ‘Leadership Mindset’ podcast episode.
You can access the podcast:
- On Spotify here
- On iTunes here
- On Stitcher here
- You can also search for Leadership Mindset by Tony Brooks on podcast Apps
- You can also find the podcast on my website by clicking here
I trust you will find this podcast interesting and please feel free to share, subscribe and explore others in the series.
If you would like to book a ‘Complimentary 30 Minute Leadership Diagnostic Call’ to talk through your biggest challenge as a leader, please use the link HERE.