My latest podcast interview was with Andrea Pinchen, CEO of Leicester Tigers.
And it’s episode 50!
Andrea started her career in sales at AXA Health, then spent 11 years in leadership training at Emirates. She has now been at Leicester Tigers for 18 years, as head of commerce, COO and then CEO from May 2020, just as the pandemic and lockdown hit!
You may well know, but Leicester Tigers won the Premiership at the end of the 2021-2022 season. An amazing achievement.
Among many areas, Andrea and I talked about:
- What made the difference for Leicester Tigers to win the premiership this year
- What it would feel like to come 2nd or lower this season
- The critical importance of transparency
- The positive and negative ends of a battery
- “If you leave voids people will fill them”
- Why leaders need head space
- Survival psychology and specifically tribal behaviour in organisations
- Andrea’s personal challenges with her own thinking and decision making
- Leaving things in a better place than you found them
It is a truly fascinating 40 minutes, so if you want to explore the episode in detail have a listen to my latest ‘Leadership Mindset’ podcast episode.
You can access the podcast:
- On Spotify here
- On iTunes here
- On Stitcher here
- You can also search for Leadership Mindset by Tony Brooks on podcast Apps
- You can also find the podcast on my website by clicking here
I trust you will find this podcast interesting and please feel free to share, subscribe and explore others in the series.
? If you would like to book a ‘Complimentary 30 Minute Leadership Diagnostic Call’ to talk through your biggest challenge as a leader, please use the link HERE.