My latest podcast interview was with Beth Bearder on the delicate balance between developing people and parting ways.
Beth is a specialist Employment Law Solicitor. She is very well known for her professionalism and ability to provide her clients with confidence by cutting through legal issues to provide concise and easy to understand solutions. Beth has an interest in disability discrimination as well as strategic projects, such as collective consultation and TUPE transfers.
She was also my co-presenter at a recent event for the Chamber of Commerce on the very topic of this podcast!
In our interview, Beth and I discussed:
- Her journey to where she is today
- Beth’s key driving values in the work she does
- Whether businesses do enough to improve the performance of their people.
- What they can do more of in this area
- Why don’t businesses make the critical decisions to part ways with people soon enough?
- What kind of reasonable adjustments businesses should be aware of to support people in their role
- What key things businesses need to be mindful of in terms of unfair dismissal and discrimination
You can find out more about Beth here – https://www.linkedin.com/in/bethbearder/
If you want to explore the episode in detail have a listen to my latest ‘Leadership Mindset’ podcast episode.
You can access the podcast:
- On Spotify here
- On iTunes here
- On Stitcher here
- You can also search for Leadership Mindset by Tony Brooks on podcast Apps
- You can also find the podcast on my website by clicking here
I trust you will find this podcast interesting and please feel free to share, subscribe and explore others in the series.
If you would like to book a ‘Complimentary 30 Minute Leadership Diagnostic Call’ to talk through your biggest challenge as a leader, please use the link HERE.